We're back with another Listener's Choice episode! This time, Walter asks about the recording process. Andrew & Lance unpack the process of making an album and preview their upcoming Cones and Tones project.
In this fun & lively episode, we cover:
- Lance as a home remodeler
- Andrew Phish shows
- Thank you, Ticketmaster
- Marty Erickson, Craig Knox, and the sousaphone pusher
- What is the relevance of an album today?
- Does "album-length" matter any more?
- What makes for a cohesive project?
- Who are you trying to reach?
- Clarity of vision
- Engineer and producer
- TEM 174: Sam Pilafian on producing
- How to track
- Mental preparation
- In the sessions
- Paper edits
- Not just listening to your own part
- Cutler and JD
- When things go wrong (buzz in the piano)
- Mixing and mastering
- Label or no label
- Mechanical rights
Want to help the show? Here are some ways:
- Help others find the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes.
- Show us some love on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Help us pay the bills (and get regular bonus episodes!) by becoming a Patreon patron.
- Show some love to our sponsors: The brass program at The Mary Pappert School of Music at Duquesne University and Parker Mouthpieces (including the Andrew Hitz and Lance LaDuke models.)
- Tell your friends!
Expertly produced by Will Houchin with love, care, and enthusiasm.